October 11, 2014

Goodbye Cheyenne

This past week, my family and I said goodbye to our beloved dog, Cheyenne.  She came to us when she was 2 or 3 years old and we've had her for 17 or 18 years...so that means she was close to 20 years old!  We've been counting our blessing for every day we've been given with her these past few years and knew it was only a matter of time before we had to say goodbye.  Such a wonderful, sweet soul she was and how greatly she will be missed.  

I don't have many old pictures with Cheyenne to share unless I have my mom send me ones from home, so here are a few that I've taken since she moved to college with me in 2005.  What a great guard dog she was for us girls...she hated men and was usually a good judge of character whether we wanted to admit it not :)

Visiting Jennifer & Mahalia's apartment when I first moved her to Raleigh

We LOVED our walks and swims at Lake Johnson!

Took all the dogs to the Greenway at home

Easter family pic

Selfie!

She even came to visit me in Arkansas!

  
Hiking at Devil's Den in NW Arkansas

Ready for her treat


What a trooper to wear that hat every Christmas


  

I knew Chance was a keeper when Cheyenne walked straight to him the first time she met him.  He told her to sit, and her butt hit the floor.  Our jaws dropped!  She normally hated men, especially strangers, so we all knew Chance was meant to be a part of our family :)




These pictures aren't the best, but they are the most precious pictures to me that were ever taken of her because they include Henry.  He finally got to pet her and spend a little time with her during our visit to Morganton in June, and it is something I will treasure forever.  




I found this quote that I think sums up my feelings very well.  "No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." -Louis Sabin.  How rich we are for the time we had with Cheyenne.  She may be gone, but the wonderful memories we made with her will forever be in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment