September 20, 2012

Remodeling - Our Next Set of Projects

I have been asked multiple times lately how things were going with our house and if we are still living in the basement. The answer is yes and we don't see that changing anytime soon...


We've honestly been overwhelmed by our house and everything that needs to be done.  On top of that we haven't had much time to work on it over the past month so progress has been slow.

Our current project is still painting the kitchen cabinets and getting that area where we want it. We won't have it completely done until we redo our floors but it will be 90% done until then.  I have been traveling non-stop for work lately, so Chance has been working hard on our cabinets while I've been gone...he's so awesome :)

Our next set of projects after the kitchen will be as follows (not necessarily in order & all in our upstairs):

-Patch hall bathroom floor and install new toilet
-Remove current shower/tub and vanity in hall bath and replace with new
-Redo same things as above for master bath
-Patch holes and sand all walls
-Prime all walls
-Paint all walls
-Install new baseboards & crown molding
-Hang bead board and chair rail in dining room (& maybe other places if I get my way:))
-Remove current interior doors and surrounding casing/trim
-Install new pre-hung doors and new casing/trim
-Install new door hardware
-Install tile floor in both bathrooms
-Install tile in front foyer
-Install tile in back entryway near sliding glass door
-Install tile in entryway from garage to kitchen
-Finish repairing the fencing in our pasture

Whew! I'm worn out just thinking about all of this stuff! We will keep you posted as things progress...wish us luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment