December 17, 2012

The Mama's Boy

It's hard for me to accept that my little puppy is almost an adult dog, but he is.  Gus is now pushing that 60lb mark that the Veterinarian warned me about during his first check up, and was 10 months old last Friday.  He is for sure a Mama's boy and has more personality than we know what to do with!!

In 10 months, we've gone from the little guy on the left to the big boy on the right!  Whew! 


I have to admit that I may be raising a pretty spoiled little dog.  I just can't help myself...he's too cute :)


He would rather "cuddle" in my lap than ride in the backseat

And gets on the bed every night just to say goodnight

Look at that face...how can you get mad at him ever! 
(*and yes, he is laying on particle board...that's what our sub-flooring is made of...)


They say that Australian Shepherds attach to one person, and I'm lucky that he chose me :)  Cinch - our other Australian Shepherd - is attached to Chance since he's had her for 7 years.  It's only fair that Gus would be "my" dog :) He even barks and growls when Chance tries to hug or kiss on me.  It's SO funny!! I can act like Chance is hurting me, and Gus pulls out the deep "big dog" bark at him haha!! He is such a kind-hearted dog though and there isn't a mean bone in his body.  Pretty much a cuddly little boy most of the time (which I love!).  Cinch on the other hand...well we'll just say she's protective, and she's serious about it :)

Gus still drives Cinch crazy like he did when he was little, and their wrestling and playing matches are getting more intense since he outweighs her now.  They run and play and run some more - even in the house these days.  Whenever our house is put back in order the dogs are definitely going to have some new rules!  

But until then...we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment