Here are the few weekly pics we've done to this point - we'll be taking them more regularly from here on out because it seems like my belly is growing by the day!
14 weeks
Started having trouble buttoning my pants this week...thank goodness for rubber bands and hair ties! I invested in a couple of belly bands, which have been great when I need a little extra room and can't button my pants. I'm not in maternity clothes yet, so it's an awkward time when nothing really fits. I've invested in a few stretchy waist skirts and they are lifesavers these past couple of weeks!
16 Weeks
On the beach
16 weeks + 2 days...I swear it's grown since Monday, maybe it's the angle!
17 Weeks
It's so strange to look down and see a belly attached to my body. I've had a fairly thin figure my entire life (it's genetic...meet my parents), and to have any kind of belly feels so strange. Not to mention the whole gaining weight thing! That's something I've tried not to do for as long as I can remember, and I've been good at maintaining my weight for many years. When the doctor says - "good job, you've gained 2 pounds", it's hard to hear. All that matters at this point is for me to be healthy and to have a healthy baby - the weight really shouldn't matter I guess. I think more about what I eat and have switched to only milk and water...LOTS of water. It's amazing how much water I'm supposed to be drinking at this point!
I'm hoping to get back into exercising now that I don't feel so bad - I'm hoping it will help my back and core to stay strong. The thought of having to get back in shape after this pregnancy is something I'm kind of dreading, so I'm hoping to be diligent while I'm pregnant, and maybe it won't be so hard...who knows.
Ok, enough rambling. There is so much changing every day, its crazy. I'll try to be better about doing weekly posts as we go, and to keep up with my blog. No promises :)



No comments:
Post a Comment