The day after we got back from the beach, Henry was still running a fever and we had quite a lazy day together. Our friend (and babysitter/dogsitter) Emma came over that day to ride horses - we'd been promising her for months, and we definitely owed her after she stayed at our house and watched the dogs for a week while we were gone. Henry's fever continued through Monday morning and we ended up taking him to the doctor first thing Monday morning. Turned out to only be a virus and the fever was gone by Monday afternoon, thank goodness!
Being a cuddly, sick baby
Slate & Emma
When he snuggles, I know he doesn't feel well
Another big thing we have going on right now is the remodeling of the outside of our house. FINALLY we are having the siding and windows redone (really should've done this first instead of the inside) and it has been a TON of work. I'll have to post more about this with more pictures soon. Here are a couple of shots of the new siding and windows. Since these were taken, Chance has stained the deck so it looks way different!
Henry is more and more on the go with each passing day. He's figuring out how to crawl around while still holding something in his hand and it's pretty funny. He also loves any kind of ball...typical boy!
Who needs toys when you can chew on your play mat?!
Getting dressed at bedtime is always an adventure haha!
Saturday morning fun with Mommy while Daddy works outside
Talking to Ama
Henry LOVES brushing his teeth!
Bedtime story with Daddy
On Sunday the 17th, we went down to Goddard to celebrate our cousin Jet's 3rd birthday. Here are a few pictures from the party.
With Grammie & Grampie
Birthday Boy Jet
Loved the party, except when Mommy & Daddy got out of site...then we cried
Talking to cousin Leigh
Entertaining H on the ride home
Loves to eat watermelon
Thought we lost the pacie, but then I found it...
(even after blaming the dog for taking it..haha)
(even after blaming the dog for taking it..haha)
On Friday the 22nd, we all headed up to Kansas City for a veterinary conference that Chance and I both needed to attend for work. We took Henry and Ms. Emma and it was quite the experience! Henry and I went up early on Friday to enjoy some time at the lake with my colleagues. It was SO hot, but Henry did great and everyone loved getting to meet him!
Trying to get to Gus while I loaded the car...poor dog can't hide anywhere these days
Rosy cheeks at the lake
Playing on the beach
Checking out the view from our hotel room
New use for the desk chair in a hotel room!
Saturday evening, Chance and I had to be at a couple of events, so Emma and Henry stayed at the hotel. Turns out there was a wedding reception in the 28th floor banquet hall and we just happened to be on the 27th floor. Our rooms were literally shaking! Needless to say we were all VERY tired the next morning because poor Henry just couldn't sleep and was up most of the night...like from 1:30 until 6:00AM. I'm still not sure how we got him to go to sleep, but he finally did and it was just in time for us to get up and get ready for the day...whew!
Henry and Ms. Emma trying to sleep
FINALLY asleep
On Sunday, I worked the morning shift at our trade show booth, and in the afternoon we all decided to come back to the trade show and pay Daddy a visit.
Handsome boy ready for bed
On Sunday night, I had NO energy to do anything, so Emma and I had pizza delivered to the hotel and we just vegged. Good thing, because it was yet another night of Henry not sleeping. He's never been a good sleeper when he's not in his own bed, but this went to a whole new level. Talk about exhausted! Good thing we were done by noon on Monday and could head home that afternoon!
We made it home Monday evening and got ready for another week of craziness. In the sales world, when you miss a day in the week, you feel behind no matter what, so it's always hard to take time off or be out of your territory. Since we're both in sales, and we're always headed in different directions, it's extra stressful around here at times. It's felt like that since we got back from vacation...hopefully things will slow down soon.
We've had quite the week this past week, and I've got a bunch of fun pictures to share, so I'm putting them in their own post. Go check it out!

No comments:
Post a Comment