March 31, 2015

Afternoons in the Backyard

I'm definitely not going to become a professional photographer anytime soon, but I have enjoyed trying to learn how to use the manual settings on my Nikon D3200...especially since Chance got me a big zoom for Christmas!  The automatic settings are great, but that's no fun when you have all of these cool DSLR settings to play with.  One of the biggest things I'm trying to teach myself right now is how to adjust the shutter for light, particularly when we're outside and shooting into the sun.  After so many failed attempts at just teaching myself, I'm thinking I need to take a class...or two.  Oh well...when will I ever have time for that?!  Guess you'll have to bare with me as I learn the hard way...:)

Afternoons and evenings in the backyard are some of our favorite times as a family.  We don't have any yard toys for Henry yet, but he still has plenty to keep him occupied around our place...and plenty of dirt to get into as well!  He LOVES to go and feed the horses, so some nights he tags along and "helps" daddy with chores.  These were taken during a nice warm evening in early March and for some of them, I used my big zoom from the back door of the house while I was cooking :)




   

   

   







When Chance is working outside, Henry HAS to be outside too...so that usually means we're all out there since Chance can't always keep a close eye on him when he's busy.  This was a weekend afternoon in March when we were all in the backyard just enjoying the sunshine and spring temps :)







Feeding the dogs the chestnuts from the Sweet Gum tree



Just a little dirt (or a leaf) on his face...oops


No comments:

Post a Comment