September 28, 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Didn't meant to get so behind, but I just realized I never published this post from Labor Day weekend...oops!  We've had such a jam packed September, it's hard to believe it's only 2 days from being over.  I thought August went by fast, but September has gone just as quick!  

Our Labor Day weekend was uneventful this year, but I was completely OK with that...we were due for a low key weekend for sure!  We started with a short week anyways since we were in Kansas City on Monday and it was a scramble to get everything done for work before the long weekend.  


Missed this sweet boy when we were in KC...he makes me smile every single day!

We came home to a garden FULL of veggies, so part of our week included loading the freezer at night after the supper dishes were cleaned up and before laundry could be done...fun fun!

Green beans for days!


Hard to believe all that work only yields 8 bags of green beans!

September 3rd was our 4 year wedding anniversary.  We didn't do anything big to celebrate this year since our weekends have been full of other trips, but Chance managed to surprise me with a matching band for my wedding rings.  He had my ring custom made by a jeweler in Manhattan, KS and he asked him to make another band to match my wedding ring that would 'sandwich" my engagement ring.  I've always told him I wanted one when we celebrated 5 years but he said I earned it a year early :)  I've been working on having custom spurs and a belt buckle made for Chance, but haven't had much luck, so his anniversary present may turn into a Christmas present :(

Spoiled

We kicked off our Labor Day weekend with Daddy heading to the farm and Henry and I spending some much needed time together at home.  There's something about having an extra day to get things done that I somehow use as an excuse to relax and not get much done at all...oops.  Needless to say our Saturday wasn't very productive, but we had so much fun together and that's all that mattered to me :)  I didn't even take many pictures that day...just soaked up every minute with my sweet boy.

Saturday dancing with Ama and Carrie

Chance and Drew spent their Saturday covering our pile of silage that was chopped for winter feed.  It was miserable hot and windy and they spent the weekend welding on the farm's new cattle pens - needless to say they were pretty sun burnt and tired on Monday evening!

  
Pictures Chance took of the silage pile at the farm

I decided to take H to get his haircut on Sunday afternoon and he surprised me by strongly refusing the entire thing.  I'm talking, went from being super excited and saying "haircut, yay" to a fierce "no!!!" and fighting me like crazy.  It took 2 people and a stylist to finish the haircut and we were all covered in hair before it was over!  Next time, Daddy's taking him for sure! haha!

Before his haircut

After!

Looking so grown up after his hair cut!

Daddy made it home just in time for bedtime stories and we had one happy little boy :)



My cousin Bradley and his wife Welby came back through KS on their way home to California and stopped to relax for almost 2 days.  They asked me what I wanted from home before they left and my #1 request was Livermush...of course!


Making a huge batch of breakfast burritos

When you can't find Henry, check the garage and check the lawnmower...that's where he'll be

We headed down to the farm on Monday to show Bradley and Welby around and so Henry could spend some time with Daddy. It's been such a busy summer, he's spent a lot of weekends away from Chance, so we try to do what we can so he can spend time with him.  We managed to catch a few minutes during lunch with him and he went back to welding.  I might add that the temps were in the 100's so it was pretty miserable to be outside. 

Checking out what the guys are doing

New pens


My hardworking husband

New working facilities

Giving Bradley and Welby a tour

Taking a yogurt break

  
Sillies

Showing Bradley his tractor

Lovely Kansas weather

Chance and Henry barely made it home Monday evening when a BAD storm blew through.  It knocked our power out for almost 12 hours and had me majorly regretting not having a better emergency kit prepared.  I had just started cooking supper so it went into the fridge and we had sandwiches.  Chance ran to town and got bags of ice so we could put them in our 2 refrigerators and 2 deep freezers (why do we have so much food storage?!?).  

  

Heading to the neighbors to help with downed trees

You'd never know we had such a nasty storm...





No comments:

Post a Comment