October 17, 2013

Baby Gregory - Week 36

Week 36 was what I would describe as a whirlwind!  It started off early Sunday morning with me traveling to the airport to catch a flight to Indianapolis.  My first day (back) with Elanco/Lilly was Monday morning and the goal was for me to get there in plenty of time to rest and put my feet up.  Mission accomplished!

I made it to Indy in time to relax and rest before my New Employee Orientation.  The hotel was literally right across the street from the Lilly HQ so it wasn't so bad getting up the next morning except it was 4:30 to my body when I had to get up...talk about rough on this mama-to-be!

Before my orientation - super early!
Luckily, the orientation day was fun and easy going, and I headed out to Greenfield (where the Elanco HQ is) for the rest of my trip.  It was great to be back in Greenfield and to get to meet some of my new teammates.  I even ran into some of my old teammates and got to catch up with them!

Ok, on to baby news!  Week 36 was exciting for more reasons than just my new job - my sister was here! She flew out for her fall break and helped us work on the house and the baby's room for the weekend.  It was so awesome to have her here and to spend some one-on-one time with her - which we rarely get to do.  She was the driving force for helping me get the baby's room ready and she even helped me make some decorations and crafts for nursery.  You can see more about her visit in the post "Best Sister in the World".


Watermelon...really?!


There weren't a ton of changes that happened in Week 36 with me or with the baby other than the normal growth and weight gain...ugh.  I told myself I would behave and not gain so much weight, but my weakness for sweets has helped me gain a hefty 30 lbs already...and there's still (possibly) 4 weeks to go.  I'm going to pay for this I know...but there's no going back now!

These pictures below were taken when I got back from my trip on Tuesday night - pardon the exhausted look on my face!  Next stop, Week 37 and a full term baby! 






No comments:

Post a Comment