Again, I'm way behind on posts...so here are weeks 33 and 34 combined. I'm not sure how to get caught up these days, but I'm going to try! It's only going to be harder once the baby comes I'm sure.
Pineapple
During week 32, I traveled to a job interview with Elanco Animal Health in Greenfield, IN - talk about crazy! I worked for Elanco before I moved to Kansas and it was a HUGE and exciting opportunity to have the chance to work for them again. The job position is located in Wichita and is with the Companion Animal Sales division. Week 33 brought a job offer and a very large decision for our family - I accepted the position!
With all of these changes happening, it was great timing for my dad to come for a week and help with our house. He drove out the 2nd weekend of September and brought a load of furniture from home, a bunch of our baby stuff from our shower in NC AND lots of love and help for both of us.
While my dad was here, the State Fair was also in town. Chance was out of town one of the nights and came home late the next night, so my dad and I ventured out to the fair and had a great time! We shared a pronto pop (glorified corn dog tradition), an ice cream cone, and several other items I decided the baby and I needed :)
33 Weeks
The belly!
Always a daddy's girl :)
Also this week we attended a childbirth education class at the hospital where we will be delivering in Wichita. It was a full day (9:00-5:00) of everything about childbirth and it was quite overwhelming at first. I thought I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, but there were plenty of things I hadn't thought through. It's going to be an adventure, and I'm absolutely terrified about the delivery part (mainly because I'm a wimp and hate pain) but I keep reminding myself what they told us in the class over and over - that my body was designed for this and women have been having babies since the beginning of time. Ok, I'll try to keep that in mind, but I'm still terrified :)
Week 34 brought another big change to our schedules - our weekly Youth Group meetings started again and we added something else to our busy lives! It's been great to see all of the kids again after the summer and it's been crazy to see how much they've changed in the past few months. It's definitely hard to juggle with trying to work on our house and get plenty of rest (for me), but we enjoy it and the kids mean the world to us. Just hope the church can keep up with all 40+ Youth when we're on "maternity leave" :)
Cantaloupe!
During week 34 we made more progress on our kitchen, baseboards and on the little baby crib (which I'm hoping to do a separate post about). Here are pictures taken in front of our new kitchen counters that we are so excited to finally have installed.
34 Weeks
The belly is getting bigger!
This has been another week that I've had a harder time keeping up - I'm starting to feel so tired by the end of the day that I'm struggling to get anything done before going to bed. My fingers have started to swell and I've had a hard time getting my rings on and off - never thought I'd be one of those women that had problems with swelling, but I'm not sure what else to do other than stay off of my feet which is impossible. The picture below was taken one of the nights that I climbed into bed early and my doggies thought I needed company :) I'm not quite sure how we're going to explain to them that they can't do this once the baby comes...guess we'll see!






2 comments:
You look beautiful!! I can't wait to see my grandchild!!! Oh, of course, you too.
Love you bunches!!
Mama
Awesome about the new job! Congrats and the counter tops are beautiful! Can't wait to see you and baby G!
Post a Comment