October 19, 2013

Baby Gregory - Week 37

Week 37 - we have a full term baby!  Now, we wait...and get closer and closer to having a new member of our family with each passing day.


Still a watermelon, just bigger

Funny husband...he's so precious :)

37 weeks and 4 days

This week brought on more swelling, particularly in my right leg.  We had our 37 week checkup and the doctor thinks it is OK, but we are keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse.  During our visit this week, we were told I was 50% effaced and dilated to 1cm...so the countdown is on!  I've had more cramping down low, and intermittent contractions, but nothing steady or consistent enough to mean we're in labor yet.  We are definitely on the downhill slide so we're on high alert for anything that feels like labor...

This week, I've been lucky enough to work from home most days, and have been able to take it easy more than normal.  The dogs don't quite understand why mom is at home and not able to play with them though....

"Mom, why are you sitting at your desk...come play with me!"

We've been nervous about how our dogs are going to react to the new baby, but we've had a very hard time giving them boundaries.  What can I say, we have no discipline - this kid is doomed!

Both dogs have been extra clingy to me these past couple of weeks, and we wonder if they have know what's going on.  Gus in particular has been taking advantage of mom's relaxation time, and is always up for some lounging on the couch :)


Today (Saturday) we went for a tour of the hospital maternity ward where we will be delivering Baby Gregory.  It was exciting to see the place where we will bring our little one into the world, but it was also very overwhelming.  Walking into that delivery room brought on so many emotions, I think we were both speechless for a while.  We went to lunch afterwards and I think Chance expressed our feelings to a tee - "The next time we're in one of these rooms, we won't be leaving without a baby".  I am so nervous about the delivery part of this journey, but I know Chance is right when he says I was made for this and am going to get through it with him by my side...and hopefully with the help of some good drugs :)

My mom flies out here this coming Thursday and will be here until after the baby arrives.  I can't wait see her and have her here to help with things.  She's the mom that swoops in, and rescues her crazy daughter from the stressful life I've created for myself by doing the cooking, cleaning, laundry...and anything else she can do.  I know I wouldn't be able to do this without her...hurry up Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment