August 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Samuel!!

August 6, 2012 - Samuel turns 16!!!

This blog post is a day late, but it took me too long to find all of these old pictures...oh well.  Just pretend this was posted yesterday!

It's hard to believe how fast time flies, especially when I can remember the day Samuel was born.  It seems like yesterday I was sleeping in the waiting room of the hospital and my dad came out to tell me he was finally here.  Now he is turning 16 and will be driving...it hardly seems possible!

These are the pictures I've found of Sam and me through the years...enjoy!

Newborn Sam


Please ignore the awkward teenage me in this picture..:/

I think this was the phase where he said "Cheeeese" when he posed in pictures:)



Haha!


So handsome on my wedding day

Stud :)

All grown up 

(P.S. I didn't have a recent picture of Sam & me, but Carrie looks a lot like me so that's close enough :))

I'm so proud of the young man he has become, and how much he's grown up and shown us all what an amazing person he is, especially this past year.  It's a bittersweet moment to celebrate his 16th birthday - it's exciting, but it also means he's getting closer to all of those grown-up milestones like driving, college, and...I can't even think about the other things...it's too much!

I'll just keep insisting on our daily talks and frequent Skype "hang-out" sessions as long as he wants to talk to his "old" sister.  

Happy Birthday Samuel (yesterday) - the funnies and coolest 16 year old I know!  I love you more than anything <3




No comments:

Post a Comment