Sprinklers - CHECK!
Chance has been working on re-doing all of our sprinkler heads pretty much since we took possession of the house, and he is FINALLY done! There were a total of 52 sprinkler heads that he had to re-do, plus any of the fittings down below that were bad. Most of the sprinklers were leaking water and weren't watering our grass....hence dead spots were showing up in our yard with all of the heat and lack of rain we've had this summer.
We are excited to mark this job off of the list and to watch some of our dead grass hopefully come back to life!
The dogs love to keep Chance company when he's working on the sprinklers
Lazy dogs!
New Garage Door - CHECK!
When we were negotiating to buy this house, part of our contract included a credit towards a new garage door. The one that was on the house was falling apart and pieces literally fell off of it (and it made loud noises) when you opened or closed it. We finally got around to ordering a new door and it was delivered and installed last week.
The best part about our wonderful planning was that the garage needed to be empty to the halfway point for them to install it, but our furniture was taking up the ENTIRE garage! It was a fun Sunday of hauling furniture into the house and rearranging the garage...and by fun, I mean not fun at all! Either way, we got it done and it was well worth it for our beautiful new garage door!
Lights and Fans back in our upstairs - CHECK (or halfway check)!
We took the lights and fans down in our upstairs to have the ceilings re-done, and are finally getting them put back up. Since we're living in the basement until the upstairs is painted, we haven't been in a huge rush.
As we put back up some of the fixtures, I have been considering replacing several of them, but will likely keep what we have for now to save money.
I don't have pictures of any lights put back up, sorry!
Cutting out the Back Patio Hedges - CHECK!
While I was out of town for work this week, Chance kept himself busy working on the outside of our house. These planters were full of overgrown hedges that were a nuisance, and we've wanted them gone from day one. The below picture is the before, and even shows the annoying tree Chance's dad cut down for us a couple months ago.
This was definitely a neglected space on the property.
Here's the after picture! It's a cell phone picture, so not the clearest, but you get the idea.
We've been told by the termite company that these planters need to come out because of their proximity to the house. Taking out the bushes/hedges was the first step in tearing these out, so I'm super excited and proud of my husband! Maybe I should go out of town more often? :)
OK, those are our recent items checked off of our to-do list! More to come soon!


2 comments:
Love love love your house! Can't wait to come see it! I started blogging about our house today...we only closed in April!
AH I love your blog! I got sidetracked from writing my own just checking out all of your renovations. So glad you're blogging - honestly, it's something extra to do, but you won't regret it :)
Love you!
Post a Comment