One year ago today is the day we lost Lee. It seems like yesterday - the nightmare that never went away. I can remember almost every moment of that day and weekend like a movie reel...and the hardest moment was waking up the next morning after the accident and realizing it was real, and not a dream. That split second before I opened my eyes when I hoped it wasn't real and that I could wake up from the terrible nightmare.
When I heard this song come through my headphones at work on Monday, for some reason it took me back to that exact moment...the moment when I opened my eyes. "My Infinite Love" is a song I've known by heart for years, but it has never "spoken" to me like it did this time. I imagined it being my sweet brother talking to me and telling me it is all going to be OK. That this weekend will be difficult, but he will be by my side holding my hand through it all. That he always is. I guess I just needed the reminder and maybe he knew that too...
When I heard this song come through my headphones at work on Monday, for some reason it took me back to that exact moment...the moment when I opened my eyes. "My Infinite Love" is a song I've known by heart for years, but it has never "spoken" to me like it did this time. I imagined it being my sweet brother talking to me and telling me it is all going to be OK. That this weekend will be difficult, but he will be by my side holding my hand through it all. That he always is. I guess I just needed the reminder and maybe he knew that too...
When you see a shooting star in the night
When you hear the warm wind whisper through the pines
I want you to know
It'll be me and my infinite love for you
It's just like I promised you underA heaven above
It will live on long after we kiss goodbye
Forever by your side
My infinite love
When you think someone is callin' out your name
When you feel that kind of feelin' you can't explain
Now you will know
It'll be me and my infinite love for you
It's just like I promised you under heaven above
It will live on long after we kiss goodbye
Forever by your side
My infinite love
I want you to know
I want you to know
It'll be me and my infinite love for you
It's just like I promised you underA heaven above
It will live on long after we kiss goodbye
Forever by your side
My infinite love
When you think someone is callin' out your name
When you feel that kind of feelin' you can't explain
Now you will know
It'll be me and my infinite love for you
It's just like I promised you under heaven above
It will live on long after we kiss goodbye
Forever by your side
My infinite love
I want you to know
It'll be me and my infinite love for you
It's just like I promised you under heaven above
It will live on long after we kiss goodbye
Forever by your side
My infinite love
My infinite love
My infinite love
~George Strait
July 29, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment