I made the mistake of putting Henry in his highchair to paint, and he got a little confused and licked his fingers. Made for a messy night of painting, but we still had plenty of fun. We figured out if we put him in his booster seat in a regular chair, it isn't as confusing and he does a lot better :)
Yucky paint!
Henry had a check up last week at the ENT and we were given some great news. His tubes have fallen out and his ear drums are all healed up. This means the holes where the tubes were placed are no longer open so we should be (fingers crossed) on our way to healthy ears! Now, we just wait and see if he develops any more ear infections and if he does, he'll get another set up tubes. Prayers please!
To kick off the weekend, I stopped by the Vintage Market Days in Wichita on Friday and Chance picked up Henry and they went to pick up a bull. Henry LOVES riding in Daddy's truck so he was very upset when Chance dropped him off with me on his way to the farm. Henry and I went to eat a quick bite (or so I'd planned) at Cracker Barrel before heading home, but it was pretty crowded and took a little longer than I'd hoped. Henry ate really well for a few minutes, then decided he was done and started throwing EVERYTHING he could grab in the floor. That's our biggest challenge right now...meal time behavior. I ended up packing up my food and ate it at home...just wasn't worth the fight or the people staring at me while my child screamed "ready!" and "go, Mama, go!". Oh motherhood...how humbling it can be :)
(L) Sign I'm going to have custom made (with Henry's room colors) that I found; (R) Henry's new bench (aka his podium to dance on, haha!)
On Saturday morning, Chance once again got up early and headed to the farm, so Henry and I got busy with breakfast and a fun day. We headed into town to run errands first - Target, Bluebird Books, post office...it always takes a little longer than I hope with a stubborn and independent toddler :)
After that, we headed down to Yoder to meet up with Grammie, Grandma G and Hope for lunch. Henry was in a particularly ornery mood PLUS he was super tired, so our lunch was quite hectic. Thank goodness I had backup to help :)
(L) Henry wanted to taste a lemon...funny! (R) Posing with Grandma G and Aunt Hope
Kisses for Grandma G
Trying to get a picture...he's saying "cheese" but looking the wrong way :)
Grandma G and Grammie
Love this sweet boy so much
Henry and I regrouped after our nap and headed to the store. For some reason, the buggy straps were tight on his belly so I let him sit in the big part with the groceries. It was going fairly well until I added canned goods to the cart...for some reason, they're super fun to toss over the side! Never a dull moment with this little guy!
Daddy made it home just in time for supper on Saturday...yay! He had a long day of hauling cattle from the farm down to the Sharon ranch, and still came home to mow the grass and do outside chores. We are so thankful to have such a hardworking daddy :)
On Sunday morning, Daddy was HOME so he cooked a big breakfast for us while Henry and I spent time snuggling and watching cartoons in bed :)
We finished our Mother's Day craft projects for Ama and Grammie (& Mommy) and Henry had so much fun painting. I'm always late getting these things done...better late than never right!
Thanks Pinterest!
We loaded up and headed to the garden center for one last load of plants before we planted our garden. This time, we were better prepared and we took our new fold-up wagon. Henry had fun riding around while we picked out more garden plants and tried to find more ideas for our landscaping on the front of our house.
After lunch and naptime, we headed outside to plant our garden. Chance put up a fence to keep the dogs out and got the ground all ready for planting.
Never seems like enough and then we always run out of room...
Snack break!
Family selfie :)
So upset he couldn't go in while Daddy was tilling the dirt
Rows and rows...
Our helper
Never knew my heart could hold so much love until I became a Mommy
Here are a bunch of collages I made on my phone of all of the mother's in our lives. What a blessing to have so many wonderful influences in our lives, even from the ones no longer with us.
I don't think you can ever imagine what being a mom is like until you have a baby of your own. There is such an unimaginable amount of love that exists in you that it's overwhelming sometimes. I have never faced a more challenging task or a more rewarding task than being a mother. It makes you appreciate the women in your life more, it makes you thankful, grateful and just overall a different person...at least for me. What a true blessing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment