The weekend following our trip to Branson was quite the eventful one (week of April 20th)...especially since we had cousins from NC (now living in CA) visit us! Bradley and Welby stopped by to see us on their way from California to North Carolina, and we were so glad we got to spend some time with them.
Henry enjoyed showing off and getting some extra attention from Bradley and Welby during their visit. That's his new thing...when we have visitors, he likes to run around and act out/show off, especially when it comes to doing things he's not supposed to do haha! He is really talking a lot lately, so it made Bradley & Welby's visit even more fun to have Henry repeating all of the words he knows along with lots of smiles and laughs :)
One of my friends was diagnosed with a severe immune disorder (Guillain-Barre syndrome) and has been in the hospital on and off for months. She has a little boy that's only a few months younger than Henry so it has been quite the journey for her and her family. Her dad was giving these bracelets to friends and family to show their support for her and I've been wearing mine proudly since it arrived in the mail :)
When Henry is fussy, or he's had a rough day, OR if we just simply have a few extra minutes when we get home for the evening, we head out to see the horses "neighs" as Henry calls them. He is obsessed and says "ride, ride, ride" constantly. These were some pictures I snapped in between chasing him down the driveway (he thinks it's funny to run away from me these days :( )...
The week prior, Henry started at a new daycare in our town. We didn't have any issues with the room he was in at his other daycare, but had concerns about the 2-yo room and wanted to move him before he turned two. Turned out that the place we were considering had an opening sooner, so up he moved to the new daycare as an 18mo old. He had a great first week and did even better the 2nd week! We are hoping and praying that he continues to like it there.
Henry's class did these worms, ladybugs and bees for Earth Day :)
The reason this post is called "The Longest Week" is because I was sick for almost the entire week. Anyone with kids, especially young ones who can't take care of themselves, knows how utterly exhausting being sick can be...so it seems like time doubles occasionally. Hence, the Longest Week :) Juggling a full-time (traveling) job plus a full-speed toddler when you're super sick is no fun at all. It's weeks like these that make me so very thankful for my husband and how involved he is with Henry. When I'm down, he swoops in and picks up the slack like a champ...he's pretty awesome!
Chance spent the weekend at the farm like he does most weekends this time of year, so Henry and I had a fun Mommy-Baby day together. It was one of those days that I could honestly say we had more fun than we've had in a long time, and it didn't include tantrums, crying or anything really other than fun. I barely had my phone or camera the entire day, and I just lived in the moment with him. It was one of the times when I felt so connected to Henry lately - when I'm working a lot or he's being super clingy to his daddy, I greatly miss that feeling - so I soaked up every minute and didn't really document it. Here's a few pictures from our day together:
Greenhouse shopping with Mommy :)
After we bought our porch flowers, we had lunch at the restaurant next door where Henry ate an adult portion of food and told everyone within a 5 table radius "hi!"...it was pretty entertaining :)
Didn't time it just right and he fell asleep on the way home
We played outside for most of the day. Weather was perfect and we had so much fun!
Daddy was at home with us on Sunday, so of course, Henry forgot who I was and was glued to Chance all day. We went to church where Henry went up and danced for the puppet performance :)
Twins with Daddy :)
This boy loves to eat and he's quite the ham lately!
Bath time fun to end a great weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment