This past weekend, we were in Manhattan to bale hay at Bob & Marty's ranch, and also to move and work the cattle one last time before load-out in a couple weeks.
Friday night, we left right after work and headed up. The boys decided to load our trailer full of last year's hay to make room for this year's hay...and then they decided to go ahead and bale a couple of trailer loads while it was cooler outside. I was up at the house by myself...well I had the dogs with me...and it was nice to just sit and relax for a few minutes. Pokey (Chance's sister & her fiance's dog) and Gus played and had the best time!
On Saturday morning, the boys were up to the house early for breakfast and then headed out to bale hay all day. It was in the 100's and there wasn't any wind (which is RARE for Kansas) so it was a pretty miserable day. My job was to feed them, so I had it easy to say the least.
All 4 dogs having fun staying out of the heat
Chance's cousin Kristina came to hang out with us! We all went down to Aggieville for supper and met up with some of Chance's old roommates.
Drew and me
Rodney, Chance and DJ
Sunday morning everyone was up early to gather the yearlings and move them to the other side of the ranch. Before moving them, they were all mass-treated because we have had a lot of eye infections this year. Chance's friends, Rodney and DJ came to help, so I came down and took pictures instead of helping...I'm not gonna complain about getting more sleep!
Gus watching from a distance
Chance running the chute
Cinch working hard
Rodney pushing the calves through the pen
My handsome hubby
DJ taking a break
Drew was working behind the chute
Wanted to eat those calves up...it was hilarious!
I didn't get out to take pictures of the guys putting up hay, but here are some of the final product stacked in the barn.
Our trailer loaded with hay






1 comment:
Ok Ginny, when I came to this page of the blog I was expecting to see you and Chance in the Big Apple!!!
Missy
Post a Comment