Week 21 wasn't very eventful...except that it was one of the busiest weeks of the year for farming families in Kansas...Wheat Harvest!! This post is a tad bit delayed...but here goes!
Wheat Harvest started for my in-laws last Friday the 21st and it has been going on all day, every day since then. Sam and Chance have spent maybe 2-3 nights at home, and those have been getting in around midnight and leaving again between 7:30 and 8:00 to head back to the field.
Needless to say, it was a long week for me too even though I wasn't been working in the heat like were. Living in the country with land, a big garden, a couple of horses, and 30 minutes from where I work all added up to several late nights and lots of chores by myself with the boys away. It definitely is a reminder of just how much Chance does around our place and how lucky I am to have a husband who works so hard for our home and our family.
Ok, on to the baby part of Week 21. We are the size of a spaghetti squash according to my handy What to Expect iphone app. My sister Carrie and I laughed because I had to look up what a spaghetti squash even looked like! Ha!
Side view and front view of the belly..which everyone at work says HAS to be a boy since it's so low...
We had an exciting event happen this week - last Thursday night Chance finally felt the baby move for the first time! He has tried so hard to feel he or she move these last few weeks, but normally when he puts his hand on my belly, and the baby stops moving. That night we were up past midnight running around and working on things at the house (we had a bad storm, so wheat harvest was called off early for the night). I guess since climbing in bed that night was the first time I'd been still ALL day, the baby decided to start it's kicking routine...and Chance was able to feel several good kicks! It was so exciting and he just couldn't believe it. He kept asking "was that you?", and I'd say "no, it was the baby"...over and over. It's so crazy to think this little baby is growing leaps and bounds every day and how quickly it will be here!
Hopefully week 22 won't be self portraits since wheat harvest will be over this weekend and Chance can take them again. Makes me feel creepy taking pictures of myself haha! Stay tuned!



2 comments:
Love reading your posts! Makes me feel closer to you guys and love watching Baby Gregory grow! Mom and I already know what we are getting you for a shower present :) We are so excited!
Thanks Kristina! I'm glad you like the posts - I've been trying to keep up with them. Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment