July 23, 2013

Baby Gregory - Week 24

Week 24 - whew, how can that be?!?  It seems like just yesterday it was Week 4...how have 5 months gone by so fast?!

It was a big week for Baby Gregory - we had our 24 week checkup and the doctor started measuring my uterus.  Everything was right on track and I'm measuring normal...for whatever that's worth.  I still feel like I'm gaining a ton of weight, but I'm just not used to seeing those kinds of numbers on the scale...definitely taking a little getting used to.

My family left this week, but were able to go to our doctor's appointment with me before the left.  At this point, my dad was the only one who hadn't seen the baby yet via sonogram - my mom and Carrie were there for our first appointment at 9 weeks, and Samuel was there for our 20 week sonogram where we saw the baby in 4-D.  It was hilarious to watch him in the exam room - he was literally leaning over me to get closer to the monitor with this huge grin on his face!  Definitely a moment I will treasure for a long time :)

Eggplant!

Here are a few of the shots from our ultrasound...compliments of our awesome doctor who did a special one since my family was in town :)  It's always a great day to see our little miracle on the screen!
Huge feet - just like Chance's!

Profile shot

Big hands - just like Mama & Daddy!

After the family left on Wednesday, it was back to a quiet house (first time in 6 weeks) and me not getting to be lazy anymore.  While Sam was with us, and then when the rest of the family joined, I was able to be lazy and not pull my weight around the place.  Since Chance spends every waking moment either working his day job or working on the house, I try to pick up the slack with cleaning, laundry, feeding horses, taking care of the garden, and anything else in between.  With the family gone, I've had to step it up and get back into a routine!  One of the cons of living in the country and having lots of critters to take care of I guess...but we love it :)

Here are the belly pics for Week 24 - it's definitely getting bigger because my belly button just keeps on stretching.  I've always had an "outtie" and it is going to look like a turkey baster before too long :(

2 comments:

Megan Houston said...

Love the baby pictures and mama pics! Hope you are enjoying your bday week! Talk to you soon!!

Jessica Suitor said...

I LOVE your belly pics! Baby Gregory has some adorable hands and feet! :-) Love it.

Post a Comment