We both had early mornings, colleagues to take care of, combined with dinner meetings to juggle with customers. Normally, not a huge deal, but add in a 5-month old and you get a little bit of stress. We both took turns helping the other get out the door for early meetings and staying out late for dinner meetings - Chance actually took Henry to dinner with a customer - good thing he's our veterinarian and his tech is one of our good friends :)
Baby H eating his supper at the restaurant with Daddy
About a week before, we had finally figured out Henry's bedtime, and he thankfully picked this busy week to finally start sleeping long stretches at night...halleluiah! He was still up at least once each night to eat, and cried for his pacie a time or two, but they were very uneventful nights and somewhat restful for all of us. Perfect timing baby boy!!
Once we both had our colleagues off to the airport on Thursday it was time to get ready for my mom to land on Thursday night. It was the longest I've gone without seeing my mom since I moved away from home (that I can remember) and it was all I could do to wait until she landed Thursday night! Its been too long since Christmas!
When Henry woke up on Friday morning, she went in to see him and you could tell he did a double-take because it seemed like he recognized her. Maybe because she looks like his mommy or maybe because he hears her voice all the time...either way he didn't have any shyness to her and they re-bonded immediately. I had to work on Friday so it gave her and Henry time to catch up on some of the time they've missed out on. I rushed home that afternoon so we could make it to the greenhouse before they closed (and before we had a fussy baby). I wanted to get flowers to plant for our front porch since we were hosting Easter for Chance's family on Sunday.
Henry sat like a perfect gentleman in his stroller with his shades on while mama and I quickly shopped for flowers, and we rushed home to get him fed and in the bed at a decent time.
The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning, running errands and getting everything ready to host Easter on Sunday. Whew! What a week! Nothing like having my mama here to finish it off right :)


No comments:
Post a Comment