April 13, 2014

Our Handsome 5 Month Old

How can 5 months go by so fast?!?!?  Our sweet 7lb 3oz baby is already a big 5 month old and it's so hard to believe.  He has changed so much in the last month, and I'm worried I'm going to forget everything because I'm not writing things down like I should.  My plan is to start doing weekly updates again like I did when I was pregnant so the posts are shorter and I can keep current.  This post is long, but I promise they'll be shorter in the future!


Here are the pictures we took for his 5 month birthday.  They were actually taken the day after because we got home late on the 2nd and he was super tired.  By the time I got him fed and bathed, he was falling asleep, so we had to wait and do them the next morning.  Good thing he wakes up early :)


His personality is really starting to show these days and he is such a happy little boy.  Always smiling and laughing and just so alert and attentive.  He is referred to as "Mr. Smiley" at daycare because he's always so happy when he's there.  We have been very pleased with Henry's day care and are excited with all that he gets to do while he's there.  They send a "report card" home each day that tells us everything that he does during the day, so it's like we get to be a part of his day even when we're not with him.  

At the beginning of March, we all traveled to Manhattan, KS for a few days.  Chance and I need to be there for work, and Chance's cousin Kristina was able to watch Henry during the day so it worked out perfectly.  We traveled up on Thursday night, worked on Friday, and went to a K State basketball game on Saturday.  It was a great weekend and Henry was a trooper as always.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

Chillin on the hotel bed - watching Mommy & Daddy get ready

Visiting Daddy at KSU Cattleman's Day

  
He's already a pro at staying in a hotel!

Henry's first KSU basketball game was an eventful one - he got to meet Willie the Wildcat, cheer for the Cats and got to wear earplugs for the first time!  We were so worried about the noise and the fact that we couldn't find baby ear protection ANYWHERE in Manhattan, but he slept through most of the game, so the foam things we used must have worked.
First Wildcat basketball game!

Hanging out in the suite with BK
 Go Cats!

The rest of March flew by and was filled with lots of exciting happenings for Henry

Supposed to be napping...

My handsome boys after church one morning

Not happy with Mommy

Evening stroll with Daddy and the dogs

Finally big enough for the stroller

Having a serious talk with Gus before daycare one morning

Riding with daddy on the way to day care

Bathtime with Daddy

Happy baby :)

First time eating solid foods (will do a bigger post about this soon)

Enjoying the weather and sporting a ball cap

Meeting Joey for the first time!

Testing out the new toy...he loves it!

Daddy trying to feed him

Settling a debate - he DOES look like me :)

Henry found his feet this month - big deal!

Sweet angel

Watching Mommy while she gets ready for work

Testing out the new high chair - not a fan

Rare occasion that I get to hold him to sleep...


Henry has had this fair share of sickness this winter and we were hoping we were out of the woods after he had RSV and croup just two weeks apart...but we spoke too soon.  He got another round of the upper respiratory crud a couple of weeks ago and it was a doozie.  I knew something was up when he didn't want to eat much over the weekend before, and by Monday night, he was super fussy and wanted to go to bed around 6:00PM.  That night he spiked a fever over 102 and it continued until the next day and night, so we had to take him back to the doctor (4th time this winter!).  They explained it was a virus going around and the fever was the peak, so he should get better with a few days.  Since he didn't have a fever with RSV or croup, I was scared it was going to be something worse.  I love this little guy so much and it's hard to see him sick, especially to feel that fever on his sweet skin.  Daddy took the day off and took him to the doctor AND stayed home with him.  It was the first time Chance has done something like that by himself and he did a great job :)

Sick baby sleeping in mommy & daddy's bed :(

We heard Henry laugh for the first time on Valentine's Day and it was such a sweet sound.  His laughter hasn't been a frequent thing until the past couple of weeks.  We could usually get a laugh if we tickled him, but now he laughs at all kinds of things.  He laughs when we make funny sounds and faces and you can tickle him and he just cackles.  There is no sweeter sound than that precious laugh.  

Stay tuned for more weekly updates of Henry! 



No comments:

Post a Comment